Skip to Content
Return to Videos

How do I appeal my claim for SSD or SSI disability benefits if it is denied?

  If your denied your claim for SSDI or SSI, you can file a request for reconsideration or a request for hearing in the mail or a online. If you're denied after your hearing, you can file a request for review with the Appeals Council in the same way. This is essentially how it's done. If you're denied by the Appeals Council then you have to go in the Federal District court which is a very complex thing to do and probably beyond the kin of the question you're asking. But the important thing is to get in and get the appeal file within 60 days of the denial or have your attorney do it.