Skip to Content
Return to Videos

If the administrative law judge denies my Social Security disability claim, can I appeal any more?

You can appeal your claim that's denied by a Social Security administrative law judge. You can do that by appealing to the Appeals Council in Falls Church, Virginia. There's a special form that's required and it's advisable to write a brief. So this is something that typically attorneys will do if they lose at the hearing level and they think that the case should have been properly adjudicated in a manner that would have resulted in the claimant getting benefits. It’s very difficult to write an appeal, so I'd suggest to seeking counsel to do it.