Applying for Social Security Benefits
Applying for Social Security Disability Benefits
Are you injured or suffering from an illness that is preventing you from doing your job?
The staff of Mike Murburg, P.A., Tampa Bay’s Social Security Attorneys and Advocates, can help you apply for disability and receive benefits.
If you are unable to work due to illness or injury, you might be eligible for benefits from the Social Security Administration (SSA). Mike Murburg, PA, with excellent Tampa Social Security Disability Attorneys with over 60 years combined experience, knows how to navigate the system.
According to the lawyers at Mike Murburg, PA, where prominent Tampa social security disability attorneys practice; there are three ways you can apply for benefits:
• By phone
• Via the Internet or
• In person at your local Social Security office
If you want to apply for Social Security disability or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) by phone, Tampa social security disability attorney Mike Murburg advise you take the following steps:
• Call the SSA at 1-800-772-1213.
• You will be given a date and approximate time to expect a phone call from an employee at the Social Security Office.
• When that person calls you back, you will verbally complete the application together. The printed version of the application will thereafter be mailed to you for review and signature.
Via the Internet
If you want to apply via the Internet, Tampa social security disability attorney Mike Murburg detail the following necessary steps:
• Go to this website: www.socialsecurity.gov/applyfordisability/adult.htm.
• Fill out and submit the application.
You cannot apply for SSI online, but you can fill out the supplemental form online. That form is the Adult Disability and Work History Report.
If you want to apply in person, Tampa social security disability lawyer Mike Murburg advise you take the following steps:
• Call the SSA at 1-800-772-1213 and an appointment will be scheduled for a mutually convenient time and location. Also during your phone call, you will be told what items you need to bring with you, and you will be given directions to the Social Security office, if you need them.
The staff of Mike Murburg, PA, where Tampa social security disability attorneys work hard for their clients, can answer any questions you have regarding this process and can advise you on how to proceed. One of the most important tips is to provide any information you give to the SSA in a straightforward, open and honest manner. Do not exaggerate your disability and, do not minimize your disability. You need to be truthful and detail oriented. The lawyers at Mike Murburg PA, a Tampa social security disability law firm, caution that when completing the Disability Report, which is a required form that needs to be completed at the time you submit your application, you need to explain specifically how your impairments or condition prevents you from working.
If you are over the age of 50, your explanation needs to include why you are unable to work at any job that you have worked in the past 15 years, even if you are not applying for that type of job again. The SSA needs to know why you are unable to work at an easy, full-time job.
For more information on applying for Social Security Benefits, contact the law offices of Tampa social security disability attorney Mike Murburg at (877) SSI-ATTY/ (877) 774-2889.